Precautions for installation of water inlet pipe of slurry pump
(1) there shall be no air leakage in the water inlet pipe of the pump, otherwise the water will not be absorbed or the flow of the pump will be reduced.
(2) the water inlet pipe of the pump shall not have a place for gas storage, so any part of the water inlet pipe shall not be higher than the inlet of the pump. The horizontal pipe of the water inlet pipe shall be horizontal or slightly downward inclined, and it shall not be upwarped, which is easy to retain air. Figure 6-8 shows an example of water inlet pipe installation.
(3) if a diffusion tube is installed, the diffusion tube shall be an eccentric diffusion tube with a straight line on the top and a diagonal line on the bottom, as shown in Figure 6-8.
(4) the water inlet pipe of the pump must have a straight section before the pump inlet, and the elbow cannot be connected immediately, so as to make the water flow smoothly into the pump.
(5) the diameter of the pump water inlet pipe and the diameter of the bottom valve shall not be arbitrarily reduced. The diameter of the water inlet pipe and the diameter of the bottom valve shall be at least the same as the diameter of the pump inlet, which may be large or not small, otherwise it may cause cavitation of the pump.
(6) the water inlet pipe of the pump shall be as short as possible to reduce the elbow and other resistance parts, so as to reduce the water inlet resistance loss.
(7) the submergence depth of the water inlet pipe and the distance from the bottom and wall surface shall be in accordance with the requirements of the first section of this chapter, and shall not be arbitrarily reduced.
(8) generally, the water inlet pipe of two pumps cannot share one main water inlet pipe, so as to avoid mutual interference and water seizing, unless the diameter of the main pipe is very large.
(9) the water inlet pipe of the pump shall be firmly supported, and the weight of the pipe cannot be attached to the pump, causing damage to the pump,
IV. precautions for installation of pump outlet pipe
(1) the water outlet of the pump should not be installed too high. It is better that when the pump is working, the water outlet is submerged in the water. When the pump is stopped, the water outlet is exposed to the water surface, so as to save the lift and facilitate maintenance. Especially for the low head pump is very important.
(2) check valve must be installed in the outlet pipeline of the pump with high lift (> 20m) to prevent water hammer. The check valve is generally installed at the pump outlet, and it is better to smell the wide front.
(3) the outlet pipe of the pump shall be free from water leakage, especially causing personal injury due to the high pressure of the commercial lift pump.
(4) if the pipeline needs to be disassembled frequently, it is convenient to connect it with flange.
(5) the water outlet pipe of the pump shall be firmly supported, and the weight of the pipe shall not be pressed on the water pump to avoid damage to the pump and vibration. Slurry pump manufacturer